When is the health care vote?
That’s an excellent question and our union has been asking government the same thing. We still have no answer. We do know that campaigning in workplaces isn’t allowed but that hasn’t stopped CUPE and MGEU from talking to our members!
Here’s what you need to know;
- MGEU and CUPE are not allowed to visit our members at UFCW workplaces
- MGEU and CUPE are not allowed to hand out flyers or goodies at UFCW workplaces
- CUPE is telling lies about UFCW in their communications
- We have filed officials complaints against MGEU and CUPE for breaking the rules set out by the government.
Here’s what you can do;
- If you’re not sure what our UFCW contract says, ask your Shop Steward or Union Rep
- Click here to see a copy of your contract
- Tell your Rep if you see any other union campaigning or speaking to UFCW members
- Take a picture of any flyers other unions hand out and send it to your Union Rep
- Check back here at wearethefrontline.ca for more information